Now that you’ve had your board retreat, and set your goals to grow your board or expand your gala, it’s time to think about implementation. So now the challenge is this: How exactly do you keep your board motivated in the new year?
In this episode, I’m going to talk about the purpose, power, and anatomy of a good board agreement, and about how it will help you be intentional about shaping your work with your board.
What You’ll Learn:
- The importance of clarity and personalized commitments in enhancing board engagement.
- How to craft effective board agreements that align with your nonprofit’s goals and values.
- Strategies for maintaining and updating board agreements to reflect organizational growth.
- Board Engagement is Key: Consistent engagement is often hindered by a lack of clarity.
- The Power of Board Agreements: A personalized document that sets clear expectations for each board member.
- Personalization Fosters Accountability: Board agreements allow members to commit based on their capacity, enhancing accountability.
- Organizational Structure: These agreements form the backbone of governance and set the tone for the organization.
- Clarity Equals Empowerment: Clear roles and expectations empower board members to contribute effectively.
- Annual Signing: Have board members fill out and sign the agreement every year.
- Personalized Check-ins: Conduct annual or midyear meetings to discuss individual roles and commitments.
- Regular Review: Ensure the agreement stays current with the organization’s evolving needs.
Each of these resources provides in-depth insights and strategies for strengthening your nonprofit’s leadership and governance.
Connect With Brooke
Connect with Brooke Richie Babbage at www.brookerichiebabbage.com
If you enjoyed listening then please take a second to rate the show on iTunes. Every podcaster will tell you that iTunes reviews drive listeners to our shows so please let me know what you think and make sure you subscribe using your favorite podcast player. It means a lot to me and to the guests.
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
“This podcast is heaven-sent. Grateful!!” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — build and lead an organization that brings them joy. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, I invite you to share the podcast with friends! You can share this link: richiebabbage.com/nonprofitmastermindpodcast
Other Ways To Enjoy This Podcast