Feeling overwhelmed about keeping your nonprofit board engaged throughout the year? In this episode of Nonprofit Mastermind, Brooke shares the secret of how to plan your board’s engagement activities for the whole year— in less than a day! You’ll discover how this simple yet robust framework enables you to map out key engagement points like meetings, check-ins, and inspiration moments, saving you tons of decision fatigue.
What You’ll Learn:
- The importance of intentionality in nonprofit board engagement.
- How to map out your entire year of board activities with ease.
- Ways to maintain consistent and meaningful engagement with your board.
- Be intentional in your planning to align your activities with the end goal.
- Four types of engagement—meetings, updates, check-ins, and inspiration—are crucial to a balanced board relationship.
- Mapping out a standard cadence for engagement touchpoints sets the structure.
- Pre-think content for each quarter based on key themes to maintain continuity.
- Decision fatigue can be avoided by scheduling and planning in advance.
Brooke walks through a step-by-step process:
- Set Cadence: Choose a standard cadence for four types of engagement: board meetings, updates, check-ins, and inspiration.
- Calendar It: Place each type of engagement on the calendar, starting with the most fixed ones like meetings.
- Set Themes: Decide on a key theme for each quarter (e.g., board health, forward movement).
- Pre-Plan Content: Fill in the content for various touchpoints based on your key themes and goals.
- Implementation: Add specific dates and mark them on your calendar.
Board Engagement Strategy Bundle: A comprehensive toolkit that includes worksheets, model calendars, and board agendas to plan your engagement strategy. https://www.brookerichiebabbage.com/boardengagementbundle
Podcast Playlist: Curated list of episodes focusing on board engagement, including topics like engaging meetings and board dashboards. https://www.brookerichiebabbage.com/boardengagementplaylist