In this episode, Brooke shares an essential strategy quick tip for nonprofit leaders: identifying your ideal donors during the summer months. Inspired by the recent ‘Roadtrip’ project featuring top leaders in the nonprofit sector, Brooke offers practical advice on using the quieter summer period to prepare for year-end fundraising success. She emphasizes the importance of relational fundraising, explaining how connecting with donors who share your organization’s passion can significantly enhance fundraising efforts. The episode breaks down the process of creating robust donor profiles through stakeholder interviews, providing a step-by-step guide to understanding the needs, interests, and motivations of your supporters. For those looking to refine their fundraising approach and connect more effectively with potential donors, this episode is packed with actionable insights.
What Listeners Will Learn:
- The significance of relational fundraising and focusing on ideal donors.
- Practical strategies for profiling and understanding your potential donors.
- How to utilize the summer months for effective fundraising preparation.
- Tailoring fundraising to specific donor interests leads to more successful outcomes.
- Stakeholder interviews are a powerful tool for understanding donor motivations.
- The summer is an ideal time to conduct in-depth donor research and prepare for year-end fundraising.
- Creating detailed donor profiles helps in developing targeted and effective fundraising campaigns.
- Avoiding generic fundraising approaches ensures stronger connections with potential supporters.
- Compile a list of potential donors who have shown affinity for your mission.
- Design interview questions to uncover donor interests and motivations.
- Organize interview notes to identify common themes and trends among your supporters.
- Roadtrip Replay: A series of fundraising mini-trainings for nonprofit leaders.
- Donor Attraction Toolkit: A free resource with worksheets for creating donor profiles.
Connect With Brooke:
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
“This podcast is heaven-sent. Grateful!!” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — build and lead an organization that brings them joy. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, I invite you to share the podcast with friends! You can share this link: richiebabbage.com/nonprofitmastermindpodcast