In today’s episode, I’m talking with two of my favorite people: Becky Endicott and Jon McCoy, co-founders of We Are For Good. They pull back the curtain on one of their collective superpowers: A strategy they’ve used to grow their community to tens of thousands of nonprofit leaders and practitioners, and one of the simplest and most powerful ways to amplify your organization’s impact. Content syndication.
Content syndication is the process of turning a single piece of content into a ripple effect of engagement, growth, and community building. If you’re leading a small or growing nonprofit and wondering how to make your voice louder and your footprint bigger, this conversation is a gold mine of strategies, inspiration, and real-life examples. We walk through how syndication works, and how, when paired with strategic storytelling and genuine engagement, you can use it to turn your mission into a movement!
What you’ll learn:
- The nuts and bolts of content syndication, and how it applies to the nonprofit sector
- Innovative ways to repurpose content across different platforms without overwhelming your audience or team.
- The pivotal role of authenticity and human connection in content creation and community engagement.
- Understanding Syndication: Discover how syndication is not just about spreading content but strategically placing and tailoring it to spark engagement and growth.
- Impact Arc Framework: Learn how the Impact Arc Framework can guide your content strategy, ensuring every piece aligns with your mission and resonates with your audience.
- The Power of Stoking: Uncover the magic of ‘stoking’—engaging with your content actively to fuel discussions, deepen relationships, and build a community of advocates.
- Strategic Storytelling: Embrace storytelling as your superpower, crafting narratives that connect emotionally, highlight real transformations, and stop your audience mid-scroll.
- Voice Authenticity: Realize the importance of maintaining a consistent, authentic voice that reflects your mission’s soul and resonates deeply with your community.
- Identify Core Content: Pinpoint your organization’s most impactful stories, messages, or educational materials.
- Adapt for Platforms: Tailor this content for various platforms, considering the format, audience preferences, and engagement styles unique to each.
- Engage and Respond: Don’t just post and forget. Engage with your audience, respond to comments, and stoke conversations to build a loyal community.
- Monitor and Iterate: Keep an eye on how different pieces perform across platforms. Use these insights to refine your approach and content.
- Impact Arc Framework: A strategic guide for content creation and distribution, ensuring every piece aligns with your nonprofit’s goals and values.
- Otter.ai: An AI-powered transcription tool mentioned by Jon McCoy, useful for extracting key points from speeches or meetings and turning them into engaging content.
- Syndication Strategies from ‘We Are For Good’: Explore their podcast and resources to dive deeper into effective syndication practices.
Connect with Becky Endicott and John McCoy:
Connect with Brooke:
Connect with Brooke Richie Babbage at www.brookerichiebabbage.com
If you enjoyed listening then please take a second to rate the show on iTunes. Every podcaster will tell you that iTunes reviews drive listeners to our shows so please let me know what you think and make sure you subscribe using your favorite podcast player. It means a lot to me and to the guests.
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
“This podcast is heaven-sent. Grateful!!” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — build and lead an organization that brings them joy. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, I invite you to share the podcast with friends! You can share this link: richiebabbage.com/nonprofitmastermindpodcast
Other Ways To Enjoy This Podcast