In this eye-opening episode, Brooke delves into the critical yet often challenging task of saying ‘no’ in a professional setting. Focusing on the importance of strategic refusal in organizational growth and impact, Brooke shares her insights and personal experiences, guiding you through the nuances of making tough decisions. This episode is a must-listen for anyone struggling with overcommitment and looking to streamline their focus for maximum impact. Brooke provides actionable advice on how to evaluate opportunities and make decisions aligned with your organization’s core mission and goals.
What Listeners Will Learn:
- How to identify if an inability to say ‘no’ is hindering your organization’s progress.
- Techniques for effective refusal without compromising organizational values or vision.
- The importance of prioritizing tasks and opportunities for strategic growth and alignment.
- The skill of saying ‘no’ is crucial for maintaining strategic focus and managing resources effectively.
- Prioritizing and aligning activities with your organization’s goals can guide decision-making.
- Saying ‘no’ opens doors for more strategic and aligned engagements and partnerships.
- Developing clear priorities can simplify decision-making and enhance organizational impact.
- Mastering the art of refusal is integral to balancing growth with impact and managing resources.
- Start with the end goal in mind and define the desired impact and vision.
- Evaluate and compare options based on impact, alignment, and resource requirements.
- Make informed choices by using a set of five guiding questions to assess each option.
- Identify trade-offs for each decision to understand what you’re foregoing by saying ‘yes’ to something.
- Use the process of elimination to narrow down to the most impactful and aligned choices.
- Strategic Planning Mini-Series: Set Your Strategic Priorities: A helpful resource for refining annual planning and setting strategic priorities.
Connect With Brooke:
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
“This podcast is heaven-sent. Gratefu!!” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — build and lead an organization that brings them joy. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, I invite you to share the podcast with friends! You can share this link: richiebabbage.com/nonprofitmastermindpodcast
Other Ways To Enjoy This Podcast